The purpose of the Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship is to provide both an orientation to organized medicine and leadership development for future leaders. This program is a great learning and networking opportunity.
Two Participants will be selected for the annual Leadership and Advocacy Fellowship by the MACEP Board of Directors by application.
2024 Fellowship Class Deadline - November 30, 2023
Leadership & Advocacy Application Form
Guidelines for Participation in the Program
- Identify Individuals with the potential to become leaders in emergency medicine;
- Provide orientation and skills to allow potential leaders to promote emergency medicine locally and nationally;
- Provide opportunities for participants to attend state legislative and regulatory meetings & hearings;
- Facilitate the promotion of fellowship graduates into leadership positions both locally and nationally.
- must be a current member in good standing of MACEP;
- must agree to participate in these elements of the Leadership and Advocacy Fellowship Program:
- ACEP Leadership & Advocacy Conference April 14-16, 2024 in Washington, DC
- MACEP Annual Meeting May 1, 2024, Waltham, MA
- ACEP Council Meeting September 27-28, 2024, Las Vegas, NV
- Attend at least 2 of MACEP's Monthly Board meetings (1/23/24, 2/27/24, 3/26/24, 4/23/24, 6/25/24, 9/24/24, 10/22/24, 11/19/24)
- travel cost for the participant at required conferences will be incurred by the participant with MACEP offering a $600 stipend per conference towards travel costs;
- fellowship program runs from January-December.
- MACEP Board of Directors will review and select Fellows based on applications received by the deadline date;
- Selected fellows will be notified by MACEP by December 15th
If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Pearson email@example.com
or phone at 781-890-4407.