Emergency Medical Services Faculty Opportunity
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an Emergency Medical Services physician to join our organization in western Massachusetts.
- Join our team of 3 EMS physicians who provide oversight of EMS in our 4 hospitals
- Assist with oversight and delivery of a variety of services to urban, rural, municipal, volunteer, private and Fire Department-based agencies. Protected time to organize and direct our regional EMS system in conjunction with our Regional EMS Medical Director and EMS coordinators.
- Baystate Medical Center, the region’s only level I trauma and tertiary care referral center, serves over 122,000 annual ED visits.
- Our 4 community EDs serve a combined volume of 100,000 annual visits.
- More than 40,000 EMS arrivals are brought t Baystate Medical Center annually.
ABMS BC/BE in Emergency Medical Services is required. A focus on pre-hospital clinical research and quality improvement is highly desirable, as is a strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start and advance their career.
The Pioneer Valley provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org
or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers
or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Gerald Beltran, EMS Chief
c/o Melissa Hale, Senior Physician Recruiter
Telephone: 413.794.2624; Email: Melissa.Hale@BaystateHealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.