Emergency Medicine Faculty Opportunity
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an Emergency Medicine physician to join our organization in western Massachusetts.
- Join our team at Baystate Medical Center, home to the busiest ED in Massachusetts and one of the busiest EDs on the east coast. We serve over 122,000 adult and pediatric patients annually.
- Our 72,000 square foot ED is equipped with 94 private rooms, separate pediatric ED, separate behavioral health rooms and top-of-the-line technology.
- Faculty appointment at University of Massachusetts Medical School and strong academic involvement with our 42 residents as well as fellows in pediatric emergency medicine, research, wilderness medicine, administration and ultrasound.
- Current opportunities for: Wilderness Medicine Assistant Fellowship Director- shape future leaders in wilderness medicine as you assist with research projects, lectures and skills instruction and adventure CME courses.
- Emergency Medical Services- join our 3 EMS physicians in providing a variety of services to urban, rural, municipal, volunteers and private Fire Dept.-based agencies.
- Clinical Research- Strong support for clinical and health services research plus state-of-the-art simulation programs.
Qualifications: ABMS BC/BE in Emergency Medicine and a strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
Located in Springfield, MA, Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is Baystate Health’s flagship hospital. BMC is a 716-bed, independent academic medical center and a training site for the University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. BMC is a major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area.
The Pioneer Valley provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Niels Rathlev, MD, Chair of Emergency Medicine
c/o Melissa Hale, Lead Senior Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: Melissa.email@example.com
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.