The purpose of the Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship is to provide both an orientation to organized medicine and leadership development for future leaders. This program is a great learning and networking opportunity.
2 Participants will be selected for the annual Leadership and Advocacy Fellowship by the MACEP Board of Directors by application. Application deadline is November 15, 2018.
2019 Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship Application
Application process is now closed for the 2019 class
Guidelines for Participation in the Program
- Identify Individuals with the potential to become leaders in emergency medicine;
- Provide orientation and skills to allow potential leaders to promote emergency medicine locally and nationally;
- Provide opportunities for participants to attend state legislative and regulatory meetings & hearings;
- Facilitate the promotion of fellowship graduates into leadership positions both locally and nationally.
- must be a current member in good standing of MACEP;
- must have a minimum of three years membership in ACEP or EMRA;
- must agree to participate in all elements of the Leadership and Advocacy Fellowship Program (as noted below);
- travel cost for participant at required conferences will be incurred by participant with MACEP offering a $500 stipend per conference towards travel costs;
- fellowship program runs from January-December.
Please note the dates in 2019 in which applicants need to be available:
- MACEP Board of Directors will review and select Fellows based on applications received by the deadline date;
- Selected fellows will be notifed by MACEP by December 15, 2018.
January 22, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
February 26, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
March 26, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
April 23, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
May 1, 2019 - MACEP Annual Meeting
May 5-8, 2019 - ACEP LAC in Washington, DC
June 25, 2019 - MACEP Board Training Session & Board Meeting
September 24, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
October 22, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
October 25-26, 2019 - ACEP Council Meetings in Denver, CO
November 26, 2019 - MACEP Board Meeting
If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Pearson firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone at 781-890-4407.